A Warm Welcome
When you start a new job, someone will tell you about the organisation you have joined, where you fit, what is expected and where you can get the support and skills to do your job. Taking on a role in Scouting is no different!
This web guide is designed to help you through the first few months of your induction time as a new volunteer with Scouting. There are lots of places to get support from during this time including your line manager and other leaders within your group, so if you have any questions about anything in these pages, feel free to contact them in the first instance.
Please feel free to either work your way through the pages in order or jump around to different sections. We hope that after reading through these pages you will:
- feel welcome and comfortable as a new member of Scouting;
- be excited about our programme;
- know a bit more about Scouting history and traditions;
- know how to access training and other learning opportunities;
- know where to find the resources that can help you along your Scouting Adventure.
Please remember that you are not alone! The people in your team were new to Scouting once and know exactly how you feel. The Group is your number one resource and support network. Please do ask lots of questions and let them know if you are having any difficulties finding answers to your queries