The duties of the group treasurer:
- To advise the group executive committee on all matters affecting financial control and expenditure and to draw up an annual budget for the group
- To work closely with and support the group chair
- To receive all monies on behalf of the scout group, to keep account of all funds and to pay out money upon authorisation as specified by the group executive committee
- To ensure completion of the annual scout group accounts in accordance with the guidelines laid down by POR and the Charity Commission
- To maintain effective communication with the district treasurer
The appointment of the group treasurer is approved by the group scout council at its annual general meeting.
The roles of treasurer may not be held by leaders, managers or supporters or combined with the role of group chair or group secretary from the group as this could lead to any real or potential conflict of interest within the charity or directly related charities.
Group Treasurers must be a member or associate member of the movement.
Training requiremenes for the role (within 5 months of appointment):