SASU Manager Inclusion | Vacancy Pack | Nominate or Apply
The Scout Association has a policy of Scouting For All and its important our District is as inclusive as it can be, so we’ve taken the decision to move away from our ADC Special Needs role and deliver a Active Support Unity built around Inclusion.
We are aware that a number of our current volunteers have specific skills in this area and would be only ot happy to join a support unit to help others. Having a Scout Active Support Unit will allow us to create a supportive environment helping with things like:
- supporting Leaders and YP with specific needs in their sections and Groups
- supporting Leaders and YP at camps
- running specific camps or activities for Young People with special needs
- running workshops to support Leaders / Adults
- Identify opportunities for Scouting representative of the communites in which we Scout
- Identify and engage with external bodies to support Scouting for everyone
We are looking for someone to take on the role of SASU Manager for this unique team. You will help shape inclusion within Northampton District and build and manage a team capable of supporting this really important area. You will be responsible for managing the SASU Service Agreement that will be created to support the Districts Needs as well as indentifying Group & Individual needs and planning on how we support them.